Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm IN Love♥

A woman sits on the floor in front of a Man. As she talks she watches the curve of His nose, the way His mouth forms words, she watches Him talk with His hands and smiles everytime He looks her in the eyes. In the hustle and bustle of a busy day her sister is preparing dinner. Out of frustration she yells to the Man to tell her sister to get up and help. A look of shock crosses the face of the Man as well as the woman cross-legged on the floor. As she begins to get up off of the floor the Man places a hand on her shoulder and tells her to stay where she is. Shaking His head He turns to her sister... "...you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. [Your sister] has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." With that He turns and begins speaking again to those around Him.

Another day that very same Man is having dinner at the home of a very rich, very powerful man. A very poor woman walks into the room with a beautiful jar full of sweet smelling oil. As she walks behind the Man she begins sobbing. She drops to her knees and cries at His feet. He can feel every single tear land and slide down His ankle, leaving a clean streak on His dirty, dusty foot. Still gasping for her breath she begins to wipe the tears and dirt away with her long, beautiful, dark hair. Everyone at the table stares at the woman as she begins kissing the tops of the Man's feet. As she opens the beautiful jar of oil, she doesn't notice the perplexed faces and whispers all around her. She goes about her business pouring the oil on His feet. The Man notices the blank stares and hears the whispers. After telling a short story He turns to the man who invited him for dinner and says, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you , her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

Tonight I started thinking about the kind of attitude I have. I started thinking about what woman from the Bible I wish I could base my life on. Since it is me we're talking about, I couldn't pick just one...

The first woman (story 1) is who I want to be mentally. Her name is Mary and her busy sister-Martha. All too often I worry myself with little things in life. I get bent out of shape about what all NEEDS to be done. I'm always concerned with being organized and making sure people are comfortable. Although having a servant heart like Martha is a really good thing, there is also a place where the line should be drawn. Martha was consumed by what she believed needed to be done that she missed the wonderful opportunity to just sit and listen to Jesus speak.
        I want to sit at His feet and soak up everything He says. I want to not be bothered by the world. I want to be so lost in Him that everything else disappears. (Story from Luke 10:38-42)

The second woman (story 2) is who I want to be actively. Sadly, the Bible doesn't say her name. She is only refered to as "a sinful woman." I am that sinful woman, but sadly my actions have been far from what hers were. She knew that there was something wonderful about this Man. She knew that He and He alone could save her from who she was and the past that she had. I want to be like her
         I want to be so overcome with love for Him that I will pour myself out completely to Him. I want to give Him the most important parts and most expensive parts of my life (see Alabaster Box♥ blog from a couple months ago). I want to serve Him no matter who looks at me and who whispers at me behind my back. I want to give Him all that I have.


If you could be anyone from the Bible...who would it be and why? God's doing something in me... I'm not entirely sure what it is...but I'm excited. Pray with me and for me... Pray that I become these two women...

And here's my prayer for you:
    Dear Papa,
  Thank you for another wonderful day. Thank you for my amazing church family and my amazing friends. Thank you for people that read my blog regularly. Thank you for people that stumble upon it. God, I pray that whoever is on the receiving end of this... that something in this touches them. God, I pray that they search Your Word and find the man or woman that they either relate to or would like to relate to. I pray for those who may not care about You or even not believe in You... maybe lost hope years ago... but are for some reason still reading... I pray that you touch them. Thank you for what you're doing. You're up to something bigger than me...

Amen♥

...take a breath... slow down... breathe.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment