Tuesday, November 8, 2011

taps me on the shoulder, over and again♥

Where are you and what are you doing when you feel closest to God?

Church, singing along with the praise band? Or maybe even working with a certain people group? Maybe in a field of daisies?

I'm in the rain...

When I was going through a really rough four, almost five, year depression... I would always repeat the same line everytime it rained... "I walk in the rain cause no one can ever tell I'm crying." Oddly enough-It still rings true today...even after overcoming that point in my life. Except now? Now those tears are of joy...because I have never felt so close to Him.

I was talking with a friend a couple weeks ago about why I love the cold, windy days and the wet, rainy days... It's because I feel Him so much closer. It's as though the wind are His hugs and the rain is Him tapping me on the shoulder telling me He loves me.

The God of this Universe, the One who shaped every tree and painted every sunset, the One who parted waters and raised the dead back to life, the One who formed me with His OWN HANDS... HE LOVES ME

Wow...

So...when the wind rustles through the trees and you cuddle a little deeper into your coat... remember that He's hugging you.

When the rain taps your window and frizzes up your hair... remember that is Him...He's tapping you on the shoulder screaming at the top of His lungs that HE loves you...

Pathetic, sad, scared little me....

HE LOVES ME.

breathing in has never felt so wonderful... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment