today i woke up and got all pretty, pretty and headed to Wellspring only to discover that there was no one there *i thought they were all back from Haiti, guess not* welp, i decided that i didnt get all cute and everything only to go back to the apartment and put on pjs and watch movies until work.
so, what did i do? you guessed it! i went to jonesboro :D
I decided to have coffee with Jesus ♥
during coffee we talked about how i really needed a wonderful workbook to do this summer. one that would bring me closer to him and further from myself. after some pretty intense looking and thinking and praying i came across a book that immediately impressed me. it is called "Lady in Waiting: Becoming God's Best While Waiting for Mr. Right." although i'm not really "waiting" for anything... i decided that it would be an amazing start to a deeper relationship with my Savior. :)
Lady of Reckless Abandonment
The first chapter put a lot of detail on the woman in Mark 14 who poured perfume on Jesus' head. You know--the one that everyone was like "seriously? you wasted that costly perfume?! why?!" and only she and Christ truly understood her reasoning.
I need to be like that. I need to give something worth even more to him...myself.
In Christ's time when a woman became old enough for marriage, her family would purchase an alabaster box for her to fill with precioius ointment. This was a part of her dowry. When a man asked for her to marry him, she would take the alabaster box and break it at his feet as a way to show honor.
The book asks repeatedly about my alabaster box. What is it full of? Fantasies about Cinderella stories? A sucessful career?
After a huge amount of thought I decided that my alabaster box is full of ideas of what i want in life. A husband, a steady career, money, a nice house, security, pretty close, happy children, a beautiful wedding, my daddy to be there to walk me down the aisle, putting my feet in the ocean, riding a plane, finishing college, all these things that are truly worthless.
My relationship with Christ is the only thing that should ever matter in my life. Right now i am choosing to break my alabaster box at his feet. I'm giving him all of my hopes, my dreams, my wants...everything. I am laying down everything to pursue a closer, more intimate relationship with him. ♥
I am committing to "devoting as much energy to Jesus as I would in a relationship with a boyfriend. I'm [going to fall] more in love with Jesus every day. I'm going to date Him, write notes to Him, and read His letter to me. His friends will be mine and I will introduce mine to Him. ♥ I'm ready to fall madly in love with my Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment