Today has been absolutely amazing.
It's crazy how God can show you so much important stuff through the little things in life...
So why has it been so fantastic?
Let me tell you...
Well, this morning...it was raining. Haha, most mornings that would just be a drag...having to get up and go to class and trudge through all of the lakes between here and the Maddox...
BUT, i woke up late. Normally, that would be the end of life as I knew it..i mean...me? Skip my psych class? BUUUT, then i remembered that my class was cancelled :) Amazin thing number 1 :)
So, i skipped theatre apprec, because i just didnt have enough time to get ready. So, Dee, Randi, and I all laid in bed and talked. Amazin thing number 2 :)
THEN--I went to workstudy and decided on my new plan for my blog. And blogged a bit. Then, i got really distracted by the rain... Grace like rain popped in my head. All i could think about was how truly amazing God is... He didn't HAVE to die for me... He didnt HAVE to do anything for me... He didnt NEED me... He WANTED me. Amazing thing number 3 :)
After classes and homework Becca and Nick and I were going to head to Jonesboro for tattoo time :) But surprise to me--Callison and Ashley came too. At first i was kind of like, oh great, i'm going to be all awkwardly left out and stuff....but i was included. Amazing thing number 4 :)
Then i got my tattoo :) People have been asking me up and down why on earth i got a lightbulb. Well, let me tell you ♥
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
-Matthew 5:14-16
My lightbulb is a reminder of my calling in life. Christ said in Matthew 28:19-20, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything i have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." I am suppose to be that light. Why would i choose to put my tattoo in a place where i would cover it up? I put it on a stand so that it will remind me to give light to everyone in my "house." As i am going, i am going to try my hardest to allow God to use me to make disciples. Amazing thing number 5 :)
At the restaurant I shared my testimony and then on the way home, Nick shared his. God has given us these wonderful stories of salvation, yet...how often do we share them? I feel like when i tell people my story...i am giving them a piece of my heart. not only am i giving them a piece of my heart, but i am giving them a mere glimpse of my Father's heart. As we tell our stories, we are connecting with people in a way that is unachieveable any other way. I am building Godly relationships with these people. Amazing thing number 6 :)
And last but not least, Amazing thing number 7 :)
--God is building relationships with me and other Christians. I feel like lately my conversations and friendships have been monotonous. My conversations have been anything but Christian. Before tonight...when was the last time i had a good Jesus talk over dinner? Sadly, i cannot even remember... Christ is suppose to be my focal point at ALL TIMES. yet, He rarely is. This is changing. Thats that. If i have to change my friendships, if i have to change my thoughts, if i have to change my actions, if i have to change my "lunchbuddies"... so be it. Life is wonderful, and it has quite a lot to do with my fellowship with other believers.
Although this may not seem like a "quiet time," it WAS God time... which is the same thing to me. I'm listening to His faint voice right now. All i hear is Him getting louder and louder :)
...breathing♥
No comments:
Post a Comment