Monday, August 15, 2011

time management 101 ♥

"Time is our most valuable asset, yet we tend to waste it, kill it, and spend it rather than invest it."
                                                                                        -Jim Rohn


Today at work my boss pulled up a list of each driver and how many hours they have been on the road delivering. My hours were at 855. My curiosity got the best of me and i divided that 855 hours by the 24 hours that are in a day...35 DAYS i have been on the road in the past 10 months. Not 35 days i have been clocked in and getting paid...no...35 days alone just driving. A whole month out of the 10 months that i have worked at my job...i have been driving.

I started sobbing.

How do i spend that time i have in my car? That 10 minutes here....15 minutes there....30 minutes wayy over there. How do i spend it? Welp- i text a lot. Ohh, and i tweet. Um... i listen to the radio *mostly the trashy music that comes on the "popular stations."* I, uh, think...yeah! I make up stories in my head. And i talk to myself quite often. I think thats about it...

So, for 35 days straight i have texted.... tweeted....listened to music....made up stories...and kept myself company.

Wow.

What a waste of time.

How many times have I prayed...or even listened to the good radio stations...or maybe read a bible verse instead of a text message...or even tweeted something thoughtful and meaningful? Honostly... less than an hour all together...of 35 DAYS!

I feel like crap.

How have i managed my time this week? How have i managed those hours this week where life is silent and it is just me and my car? How much time this week have i spent with my Creator? How much time i have i spent in prayer? How much time have i taken out of my "busy schedule" to read His love letter to me? How much time have i spent telling others about Him? More importantly...have my actions and my time spent truly made a difference? Have they even showed others that i am even a believer?

Wow.

I know that today has been convicting for me... maybe this will convict you.

Try this week to set aside an hour...or maybe two....maybe just 15 minutes to see where your time could be managed better... and act on it. I know i will.

...breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment